Saturday, June 20, 2009

National Mathematical Olympiad (OMK)

"What! Are you sure? The bus is driving at 40 km/h? Can we manage to reach there in time?"

"I don't think we can, boy."

This is the 4th time I participated in this competition but it was my first time I was late for my competition. I can still remember how I rushed up the staircase and the teacher outside the hall directed me the way to the classroom. As the classroom was filled to almost capacity, I had to sit on bad place (Still left 4 tables in the front row).. As usual, I put all my stationery and my identity card on the table.


The question and draft paper are given by the person-in-charge and I quickly scribbled down my particulars on the first page and of course, I used this opportunity to take a glance on the questions. It was pretty hard as it was the hardest category - Senior category... Basically, it revolved around geometry, arithmetic, number theory and combinatorics. However, don't get cheated by the syllabus given. It was super hard!! It was all about problem solving and it needed a lot of formula to be studied and memorised in order to get the problem solved.

This time I did it quite okay, neither good nor bad. Out of 9 questions I managed to get 5 done. Hehe~ quite an okay performance.... If I know about the Angle Bisector's Theorem and Cyclic Quadrilateral more, I was sure that I could have 7-8 questions done.. ^^
2.5 hours was over and I left the hall, feeling guilty for not preparing this competition earlier. I only started preparing this competition 2 days before. I could still remember how I toiled in the library during recess and at home after the school dismissal. It was a tough job as the theory is hard and it is totally out of KBSM syllabus. Euler's Phi Theorem, Fermat Little's Theorem, Ptolemy's Theorem, Ceva's Theorem and Melaneus's Theorem are the theorem that I went through before the competition. Huh... my head was gonna burst at that particular moment.

Logo of Malaysia Maths and Sciencs Society (PERSAMA)~~


Whee~~ A gift by PERSAMA for winning OMK in 2006 :p

Ardent Edu. offers Olympiad Maths Camp during holidays and I attended it for once.. Quite informative... ^^

Anyway, I hope that I will get a prize for this competition. Yee hoo!!~~ Thanks Suhaimi and all the fascilitators (Participants of IMO) for coaching me during the camp. ^^

1 comment:

↗eNeN♥[LOVE]ღ said...

tat bus is too slow jor~
n gt ppl come late~

geng lo~
next time wear it~
let me see oh~
haha~ ^^

Post a Comment